Pages

Monday 27 August 2012

Hate? Why hate someone or something when we could be better than that?

The other day I was in youtube and I found a video of the last minutes from one of my favorite series's season finale episode. "Casi Angeles: La Resistencia" The episode ends with a Gandhi's quote, ("Uno obtiene aquello para lo que se hace digno")  and we know that most of his phrases were about not hating the others that are bad to us, but of forgiveness, love, peace, and of being better persons. This made me remember when I read the last book of Florencia Bonelli, an Argentinian author, "Caballo de Fuego Gaza". The Book stars also with a quote from Gandhi. And is really a thoughtful one. It makes us thing of what do we want from life, want we can give back to it, and how to live by.

"Ojo por ojo, y el mundo acabará ciego."
"An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind."

After that I star to look for more quotes about this man, and I tried to put some of them in here. The ones that I wrote down are all similar to each other, and gives us examples of life.

"Puesto que yo soy imperfecto y necesito la tolerancia y la bondad de los demás, también he de tolerar los defectos del mundo hasta que pueda encontrar el secreto que me permita ponerles remedio."

"La violencia es el miedo a los ideales de los demás."

"No hay camino para la paz, la paz es el camino." 

"Hate the sin, love the sinner."

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong."

"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do it."

"You must be the change you want to see in the world."

"Man often becomes what he believes himself to be. If I keep on saying to myself that I cannot do a certain thing, it is possible that I may end by really becoming incapable of doing it. On the contrary, if I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it even if I may not have it at the beginning."

"It's the action, not the fruit of the action, that's important. You have to do the right thing. It may not be in your power, may not be in your time, that there'll be any fruit. But that doesn't mean you stop doing the right thing. You may never know what results come from your action. But if you do nothing, there will be no result."

"Anger and intolerance are the enemies of correct understanding."

“The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world's problems”

"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."

“A man is but the product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes.” 

 Here is the video I talked about. It's in Spanish, I hope that that won't be a problem for you guys. :) I't's a series from Argentina after all.


Love you guys, enjoy this post, and see you on the next.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful quotes!


    Hi! I'm a new follower who found you via goodreads.
    http://bookwormmia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete