Pages

Thursday 23 August 2012

This world isn't perfect.... and we face it and we try to make it better

A week ago I was finishing reading the sixth book of the series Chicagoland Vamps from Chloe Neill, "Biting Cold". I will not tell you what it says, because I don't want to spoil the read if haven't read yet. But While I was traveling in Merit universe I heard her saying something that made me think about a lot of stuff about life. Well you know, every opportunity I have, I analyse a quote from something.
This particular quote, make me think about how we go about every day life, about haw much selfishness we may find in it. But also, how much unselfishness, how much solidarity, and above all how much love. Those thoughts led me to see that there is balance in every aspect of this world, and in every aspect of us. We are black and white, good and evil. We hate and we love, and all of it mostly in the same quantity.
This quote also talk about how we would like to do something but we need to do the opposite, even though we don't like it; because is the right thing to do. We try every day to make this world a better one.So here it is...

"We all have days when we feel small. Really small. Completely inadequate, but saddled with all this responsibility. (...) There are days when I would have to pull the cover over my head and say to hell with it. But I don't do that. And most people don't do that. Most people get up and do their jobs and work their asses off for no reward at all - but just so  they can get up the next day and do the whole thing over again. The world isn't perfect, and some days it wears you down. You can either accept that and face it, and be a help to others instead of a hindrance. Or you can decide that the rules are too tough and they shouldn't apply to you, and you can ignore them and make things harder for everybody else. Sometimes life is about being sad and doing things anyway. Sometimes is about being hurt and doing things anyway. The point isn't perfection. The point is doing it anyway. (...) You make a go of it, the hard way - one day at a time, and with patience"

OK, so what are your thoughts about this. I loved the book when I read it, and I love the context in which was make this speech, I just can say that was Merit the speaker. Tell me if you feel the same that her. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Catalina
    Thanks for sharing the quote.

    I agree - life isn't always easy but we make the most of what we have an carry on just the same.

    Found you on Goodreads.

    Now following you.

    ReplyDelete